About Argent Capital
We are driven by one goal at Argent Capital – building wealth for our clients over the long term. Helping investors realize their investment goals inspires us now as much as it did when we started the firm in 1998. With a focus on active management in U.S. equities, Argent Capital has successfully grown into a 27-person boutique investment management firm that is 100% employee owned. With more than $3 billion in assets under management, we foster an open, challenging, and entrepreneurial environment where each team member’s contributions are impactful and valued.
Overview of Position
We are looking for a solutions-oriented team member who enjoys a highly collaborative on-site work environment, that likes to work both independently and as a member of the team. The Accounting Manager is responsible for the production of accurate and timely financial and management information utilized by senior management for strategic planning. Tasks include developing and implementing systems for collecting, analyzing, verifying, and reporting financial information, and overseeing clerical accounting staff processes. The role requires the ability to recognize, analyze and report on changes in financial metrics to senior management. Keys to success include the ability to recognize problems, maintain flexibility, and prioritize in a fast-paced environment. The Accounting Manager reports to the Controller / Director of Finance.
Salary & Benefits
- Competitive salary with annual bonus potential
- Company 401(k) match and profit sharing
- Generous PTO and holidays
- Comprehensive health and wellness benefits
- Professional certification & development reimbursement
Primary Goals and Supporting Responsibilities
- Prepare financial reporting and record general ledger transactions accurately and timely. Maintain well-organized monthly support schedules.
- Subject matter expert for the revenue cycle process and revenue forecast. Oversees the preparation, processing, and reconciliation of client collections in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintain and organize accounting department schedule to ensure all critical accounting processes are completed timely.
- Review accounts payable processing and oversee all capital purchases are within budgeted amounts, relevant, and properly documented.
- Heavily involved in the preparation of the annual budget and quarterly forecasts, including gathering data, analyzing trends/relationships, and assisting in the presentation of information to senior management.
- Process payroll correctly and consistently to insure accurate records for both the company and employees. Record and submit tax payments when necessary.
- Administer employee benefits (Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and 401k) and coordinate annual renewals and reporting, including onboarding of new employees.
- Monitor daily cash flow and any debt obligations, bringing issues to Controller’s attention.
- Oversee annual audit & tax return process and maintain schedules, including equity rollforward, to minimize auditor and tax professional time.
- Coordinate annual renewals for all business insurance programs, including business property and liability insurance.
- Direct, maintain and adhere to financial and administrative policy and procedures ensuring confidentiality and efficient record maintenance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, with more than 8 years progressive accounting experience.
- CPA, MBA, or CMA preferred.
- Strong to Proficient experience with NetSuite, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- High attention to detail with strong organizational skills, requiring minimal day-to-day supervision.
- Comfortable with ambiguous tasks or researching new developments in the field.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills, listening skills.
- Ability to leverage technology and a desire to increase efficiency of workflows.
- Collaborative, consistent, reliable and takes ownership of departmental processes.
- High quality work that is met with a sense of urgency and accuracy.
- Work experience in a team environment with successful ability to work independently.
To apply: Send resume and cover letter to [email protected]