About Argent Capital
A growing boutique investment firm with $3 billion in assets under management, Argent’s mission is to provide superior investment management services to high-net worth and institutional investors by outperforming stated benchmarks while providing a level of personal service and communication that is unique in the investment management industry. We foster an open, challenging, and entrepreneurial environment where an individual’s contributions to the team are impactful and valued.
Overview of Position
We are looking for a financial executive who partners with the leadership team to ensure that financial information is communicated to the organization in a timely, accurate and concise manner. This includes forecasting, budgeting, reporting, financial planning, and analysis, along with oversight of the firm’s financial and accounting operations including administration of payroll, healthcare benefits and the company’s 401(k) plan with one direct report. Implements policies, programs and processes which align with the organization’s strategic and operational priorities. Facilitates the delivery of operational excellence and provides discerning leadership to employees. Proactively shares comprehensive and timely communications with all stakeholders. Is innovative in driving organizational effectiveness, technology systems and financial performance metrics. Acts as a passionate champion and extension of the Argent “brand”. A leader in every sense of the word.
Primary Goals and Supporting Responsibilities
Personal Traits Needed for Success
- Possess business acumen, results oriented
- Critical thinking mindset
- Quality and client centric
- Understands systems, IT proficient
- Can do the work while keeping Big Picture focus
- Both broad and deep thinking
- Mentoring and coaching skills
- Leadership acumen
- Provides financial projections and accounting services, prepares budgets and financial strategy recommendations to the CEO and Chairman. Part of the team that develops the Strategic Plan.
- Identifies and addresses potential financial risks for the company.
- Monitors trends and variances to provide proactive recommendations to improve profitability, productivity, and decision support.
- Actively seeks to build additional efficiencies in the existing systems or processes for improved automation and reliability of data across platforms.
- Oversees all financial decisions including budgeting, auditing, and compliance reporting of financial information.
- Designs financial models, provides dashboard metrics and standard reports.
- Prepares, analyzes, and presents financial statements including fluctuation analysis and P/L reports.
- Coordinates and oversees the delivery of payroll, incentive compensation plans, healthcare benefits and the administration of the company’s 401(k) plan.
- Provides analysis and recommendations on other corporate financial matters including but not limited to distributions to unit holders, company stock valuation, stock repurchase plans and stock incentive plans.
- Serves as the main contact for audit, banking, and corporate insurance relationships. Ensures compliance with all regulatory entities.
- Understands the business model and how the various software systems work to effectively provide compliance, financial analysis, and all accounting functions.
- Serves as a Level 5 team leader to those in the department. Builds and nurtures collaborative relationships within the team and the organization. Translates the corporate culture into day-to-day work systems and processes.
- Experience, Education and Professional Designations
- Four to seven years of public accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or relevant field
- CPA and MBA highly desirable
- Strong financial and accounting background including P/L, balance sheet and cash flow management
- Experience in financial analysis, modeling, forecasting, and budgeting
- Experience with NetSuite is a plus
- Exceptional organization and communication skills, attention to detail
To apply: Send resume and cover letter to [email protected]