About Argent Capital
At Argent Capital, we are driven by one goal – building wealth for our clients over the long term. Helping investors realize their investment goals inspires us now as much as it did when we started the firm in 1998. With a focus on active management in U.S. equities, Argent Capital has successfully grown into a 27-person boutique investment management firm that is 100% employee-owned. With over $3 billion in assets under management, we foster a collaborative, challenging, and entrepreneurial environment where each team member’s contributions are impactful and valued.
We believe the most powerful force in investing is compounding cash flows. Argent invests in high-quality, attractively valued businesses that can thrive in an ever-changing world. We call these enduring businesses. To us an enduring business is growing cash flows, allocates capital wisely, and has a durable competitive advantage. To capitalize on the power of compounding, we build concentrated, low turnover portfolios of these enduring businesses. Time horizon is our edge.
Overview of Position
The Research Analyst position will be a member of Argent’s analyst staff serving all five strategies with research responsibilities across the market cap and sector spectrum. This individual must be passionate about equity investing, believe in active management, and be energized by the search for companies that will outperform.
Salary & Benefits
- Competitive salary with annual bonus potential
- Company 401(k) match and profit sharing
- Generous PTO and holidays
- Comprehensive health and wellness benefits
- Professional certification & development reimbursement
Please submit a resume and research sample, if available, to [email protected]
Primary Goals and Supporting Responsibilities
- Cover a collection of stocks currently owned by Argent strategies.
- Independently research companies and industries using a variety of analytical tools, including but not limited to analyzing financial statements, studying market and economic data, and participating in earnings calls or meetings with company management.
- Upon gaining a deep understanding of a prospective or existing investment, develop and present an investment thesis that will convince Portfolio Managers to act on the Analyst’s recommendations to buy or sell specific stocks.
- Work collaboratively to continually refine Argent’s investment processes.
- Argent’s investment team works in our office five days a week.
Personal Traits Required for Success
- Passionate about equity investing and focused on outperforming peers and benchmarks.
- Open-minded, willing to listen, comfortable with ambiguity, creative, intellectually curious, and highly ethical.
- Desire to join a motivated, entrepreneurial company where every employee is asked to make an exceptional contribution.
- Understands and appreciates the responsibility of managing others’ money, which has been entrusted to our care for the financial well-being of those individuals or institutions.
- Advanced ability to research and analyze businesses.
- Able to debate investment topics respectfully.
- Able to communicate in a clear, concise, and accurate manner both written and verbally.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting, mathematics, or related field.
- Progress toward Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation.
- Professional work experience not required.
- Experience with Python, C++, and/or MatLab is valued.